Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hiking to Mt. San Antonio (a.k.a. Mt. Baldy) this weekend!

4 comments
It's been a while since my last overnight trip and I've been itching to get back out there again.  What better way to spend this upcoming weekend than to hike to Baldy!

I have asked a good friend of mine to help me achieve my goal this weekend...that is to summit Mt. Baldy.  All my backpacking trips so far has brought me here...to tackle one more trail off my list.  I have worked my ass off these past few months to not only lower my pack weight but also to lower my own weight - just so I can hike more, do more miles, and be healthy.  So far, it's paid off - I've lost 20 lbs. since March 1st and it feels great!

This is will be my first time hiking to Mt. Baldy and I know I am in for a challenge.  I am up for it and I feel confident that I will make it to the peak.  However, we will see if my body cooperates with my mind :)

Here's a photo of the planned route we will be taking this weekend.
Photo from: http://billqualls.com/survival/mtbaldymay2004/index.htm
Will I make it?  Stay tuned on Monday for the trip report.


4 comments:

  1. You can do it!! This is on my list for this year too. I hope all goes well and you make it up. I drive by it 6 days a week, I need to get this one too. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join me Dean! We'll be at the trailhead by 8AM.

      Delete
    2. would love to, but I have to work sat. And Im not in any shape to hike Baldy, I havent been out in over a month :(

      Delete
  2. When you have some time on a weekend, pick a place and lets go.

    ReplyDelete