Friday, March 2, 2012

Headed to Angeles National Forest.

Leave a Comment
I will be doing an overnight trip this weekend at ANF and hopefully will be able to show off the gear I will be using.  Here's a pic of all the gear I will be carrying with me...base weight of around 14 pounds without food or water.

The Gear List:

Big 3 Items + 1:
Backpack: Marmot Flex 50
Sleeping Bag: Alpine Design 30 Down Bag
(+1) Thermarest Z-Lite Pad
Shelter: Mountain Hardware Lightpath 2

Cook Kit:
Foster Pot with 3 oz. Stove with backup Alcohol Stove

Water Purification:
Katadyn Hiker - I have lighter options but I want to test this new filter out.

Clothing (Wearables):
REI Sahara Convertible Pants
Active Wear Wicking Short Sleeve Shirt
Under Armor Capilene Long Sleeve Shirt
Polo Wind Breaker

Clothing (Packed):
The North Face Fleece 
Active Wear Long Johns
Sierra Designs Rain Coat

Ditty/Misc. Items:
First Aid Kit
Compass/Map
Emergency Supplies - Fire starter, Mylar blanket, etc.
5x7 Tarp
Head net
Hygiene Items - TP, Wipes, etc.
Headlamp
Trekking Poles
Multi-tool/Knife







0 comments:

Post a Comment