Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Off to Henninger for the weekend

Leave a Comment
I will be doing an overnight at Henninger Flats in Altadena CA this weekend to do more field testing on gear.  I recently purchased a Guide Gear 8x8 tarp (though originally advertised as a 12x12)...not going to get into that debacle.  Anway, about the tarp, I wanted to see if I can be comfortable without a tent and just setup the new tarp.  I may also take my hammock to use with the tarp but we shall see, I have not yet decided since I want to go as light as possible and bring a smaller pack instead of my usual 50L Marmot bag.  


Additionally, I may be closer to deciding on a date on when to tackle the High Sierra Trail from Crescent Meadow to Mt. Whitney...just have to figure out logistics of a shuttle service - more on this soon 


Trip report to come when I get back from this weekends trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment